We Sing the World Around
3-part mixed choir and piano (with optional flute, Orff instrument, small percussion, oboe)
A Multicultural Journey for Three-part Mixed Choirs. Composed by Mary Lynn Lightfoot. Choral collection. Educational Choral, Multicultural. Heritage Music Press #45/1146H. Published by Heritage Music Press (LO.45-1146H).
Item Number: LO.45-1146H
Celebrate the diversity of musical styles and world cultures by programming these captivating settings of folk tunes from around the world! Included are pieces featuring the significant arrangers of today displaying their own creative versatility while immersing us in the musical idioms from countries as diverse as Uruguay, Newfoundland, Africa, and Japan, to name just a few. There are two collections available, one for Two-part treble choirs and one for Three-part Mixed choirs. The titles included are listed below (each book is different). All optional instrumental parts are included within and all titles are also available as a separate octavo. And don't forget the Accompaniment CD--a valuable tool for rehearsals as well as performances. Celebrate our diversity by singing the world around!
- I'se the B'y (Newfoundland) Performed by Sherri Porterfield
- Farewell, My Friend (Africa) Performed by Ruth Elaine Schram
- Banyan Tree (Jamaica) Performed by Ruth Elaine Schram
- Danny Boy (Ireland) Performed by Brad Printz
- De Colores (Spain) Performed by Mark Weston
- Zum Gali Gali (Israel) Performed by Greg Gilpin
- Chiu, Chiu, Chiu (Uruguay) Performed by Greg Gilpin
Customers Who Bought We Sing the World Around Also Bought: