There are currently no items in your cart.
Traffic Jam by Artie Shaw. Arranged by Myles Collins. For big band. Swing. Medium. Full score and set of parts. Published by Lush Life (JL.LL-1146).
Artie Shaw had many great swing charts to his name, but few were as punchy and as powerful as Traffic Jam . It fairly rips along at a quick 240 beats a minute, yet it never sounds forced or rushed. We have transcribed the original, including all the solos (Drums, Clarinet, Tenor, Trombone & Piano), and expanded the chart to a full 8 brass. The Saxes are scored for Clarinet, 2 Altos and 2 Tenors. The chart kicks off with a 4 bar Drum solo leading into a rising chromatic dimished passage, then the main chorus with the Clarinet flying over the top of the band. A quick Tenor solo follows, then back to the band blasting away. There is then a wonderful bell-tone bridge leading to alternating Clarinet and Trombone solos over just Bass and Kit, more band choruses, a Piano solo and a couple of huge shout choruses to end. We have rated the chart as Medium. The band parts are not hard, despite the speed of the chart. It's only Mr. Shaw's bits that need nimble fingers, though your Clarinet player can always improvise over the chords instead. This is a real beauty of a chart, and a must-have in any book.Duration: 2 minutes 20 secondsStyle: Swing @ 240 - 250 b.p.m.Trumpets 1-4 C6, C6, F5, F5Trombones 1-4 C5, Eb4, Eb4, Eb4.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Big Band Music
Genre: Swing Sheet Music