There are currently no items in your cart.
They Shall Run and Be Free composed by Brant Karrick. Concert Band. Concert Band. Alfred Concert Band. Grade 4. Conductor Score & Parts. 292 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.31730).
This dramatic tone poem for concert band was written during the summer of 2007 after a moving visit to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. They Shall Run and Be Free portrays a daring and perilous slave escape. The opening main theme works its way through changing meters and dissonances and reflects running for oneâ€™s life while being chased and never knowing what to expect. The slow, middle section includes a setting of the beautiful Negro spiritual Oh Freedom, the simple yet poignant lyrics undoubtedly reflecting the attitude and desperation of many slaves.
Oh freedom over me!
And before Iâ€™d be a slave
Iâ€™d be buried in my grave
And go home to my Lord and be free.
List/syllabus: ISSMA Band 2011-12
They Shall Run and Be Free
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
They Shall Run and Be Free
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4
Series: Alfred Concert Band