There are currently no items in your cart.
Piano - Intermediate
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Classical, Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Instructional, Method and Solos. Instrumental solo book and performance CD. With standard notation. Published by The FJH Music Company, Inc. (FJ.FF1588).
Item Number: FJ.FF1588
ISBN 1-56939-540-3. With standard notation. Classical, Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Instructional, Method and Solos. 9x12 inches.
Book 4 consists of pivotal intermediate level repertoire that is essential for the student to study, and to apply the knowledge and experience they have mastered from the previous levels. The repertoire at this level will broaden the students understanding of utilizing the fundamentals of proper technique, with accurate musical expression and interpretation in their performances. Mastery of pieces at this level will allow students to refine their abilities and prepare for the advanced repertoire. Features pieces by composers such as: Francois Couperin (The Little Trifle), Johann Wilhelm Hassler (Capriccio), Robert Schumann (Sicilienne, Opus 68, No. 11), and Aram Khachaturian (Ivan's Song).
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
- The Little Trifle (Le petit rien) Composed by Francois Couperin
- Fantasia in G Major Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Polonaise (from the Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach, BWV Anh. 119) Composed by Unknown
- Minuet in G Major Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Ciaccona with Five Variations Composed by Johann Pachelbel
- Loure Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Bourree in A minor Composed by Johann Ludwig Krebs
- Verso in E minor Composed by Domenico Zipoli
- Intrada Composed by Christoph Graupner
- Dedcated Most Humbly to the Right-Hand Little Finger Composed by Daniel Gottlob Turk
- Sonatina in G major (Op. 36, No. 2, Movement 1) Composed by Muzio Clementi
- La Caroline (Wq 117/39, H98) Composed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Rondo in B flat major Composed by Pleyel, Ignace Joseph
- Angloise in D major Composed by Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach
- Sonatina in G major (Op. 83, No. 1, Movement 1) Composed by Schmitt, Jacob
- Rondo in F major Composed by James Hook
- Sonatina in C major (Op. 168, No. 3, Movement 3) Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Strong, Sturdy, Character Composed by Daniel Gottlob Turk
- Minuet in F major (K. 5) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Capriccio Composed by Johann Wilhelm Hassler
- Sonatina in G major (Op. 55, No. 2, Movement 1) Composed by Friedrich Kuhlau
- Boys Round Dance (Op. 36, No. 3B) Composed by Gade, Niels W.
- Spinning Song (Op. 14, No. 4) Composed by Albert Ellmenreich
- The Shepherdess (Op. 100, No. 11) Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Polka (Op. 39) Composed by Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich
- Allemande in E Flat Composed by Carl Maria Von Weber
- Sicilienne (Op. 68, No. 11) Composed by Robert Schumann
- Miniature Waltz (Op. 10, No. 10) Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Little Flower (Op. 205) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Mazurka Composed by Mikhail Glinka
- Turkish March (Op. 101, No. 9) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Etude in A minor (Op. 47, No. 3) Composed by Stephen Heller
- Elephant Tune Composed by Perry, Nina
- Tango in C minor Composed by Kutnowski, Martin
- Song of the Range Rider Composed by George Frederick McKay
- Prelude (Op. 138) Composed by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee
- Two Roosters Composed by Razorenov, Sergey
- Daydreaming Composed by Timothy Brown
- Rustic Dance (Op. 24, No. 1) Composed by Paul Creston
- Ivan's Song Composed by Khachaturian, Aram
- Oriental Flower Composed by Christopher Norton
Customers Who Bought The Festival Collection!, Book 4 Also Bought: