There are currently no items in your cart.
Spartacus Suite composed by Aram Ilyich Khachaturian (1903-1978). Arranged by Georges Moreau. For Concert band. Symphonic Series. Grade 5. Score and set of parts. Duration 0:19:07. Published by Beriato Music (BT.0405-1-225).
Aram Iljitsj Khatchaturian, an Armenian by nationality, was born 1903 in Tiflis, into the family of a book-binder. He began his musical education in Moscow in 1922 at the Gnessin Music School where his composition master was Mikhail Gnessin, and completed it at the Moscow Conservatoire where he was a pupil of Nikolai Miaskovsky, the famous Sovjet composer and pedagogue. Khatchaturian is the author of two symphonies, three concertos (for piano, for violin and for cello), the music for three ballets (Happiness, Gayane, Spartacus), and many chamber instrumental and vocal compositions. His latest work the ballet Spartacus has won in 1959 the Lenin Prize, at that time the highest honour.
N. Volkovs libretto for the ballet Spartacus is based on actual historical events the great uprising of the slaves in Rome in 74 71 B.C. under the leadership of Spartacus. In spite of its historical subject, Spartacus is essentially modern. Khatchaturian wrote : I think that the heroic personality of Spartacus is in many aspects close to the struggle the oppressed colonial peoples of today are waging for their rights.
Spartacus is made out of three suites. Each of the suites is an independent work, complete by itself and possessing its own logic of development.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Level: Grade 5