There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata for Oboe & Piano composed by Daniel Baldwin. For oboe & piano. Level 5. Published by Imagine Music (IG.IMW091).
Composer's Notes... In 2005, I had the privilege of attending a recital in Milwaukee where Heidi Huseman Dewally was performing my Song of Praise for English horn and Piano. I was so taken with how beautifully she performed the piece that I struck up a conversation with her afterwards. I discovered she was in the planning stages for a project that would feature music from her roots. When we learned that we were both Oklahoma natives, the idea for this Sonata was born. The first movement, Prairie Song, is set in a loose sonata allegro form. The dramatic introduction coveys the image of a person standing in a wide open field of grass, staring off into the horizon at a spectacular sunrise. The movement unfolds into a gorgeous landscape of colors and melodies. Sometimes sweeping and grand, sometimes playful, sometimes reflective, but always reflective of the sheer beauty of the Great Plains. In movement two, Trail of Tears, I decided upon a different approach. While other musical depictions of this dark chapter of American history are reflective in nature, I decided to make my version more from the perspective the American Indians. Fear, doubt, uncertainty, and sadness are the emotions I hope to have captured in this movement. The final movement, Spirit of the Heartland, is a joyous affirmation of life, compelling the er with its beautiful melodies, sweeping piano lines and, if you closely, a final Native American dance that sweeps one back into the open field, gazing off into a breathtaking Oklahoma sunset, and feeling nothing but an unparalleled sense of peace as the sun fades into the horizon. Sonata for Oboe and Piano was commissioned by and is gratefully dedicated to my friend Heidi Huseman Dewally.
Sonata for Oboe & Piano
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Sonata for Oboe & Piano
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Oboe Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music