Shredding the Composers
Guitar - Advanced; Intermediate
Heavy Metal Guitar Meets 8 of the World's Greatest Classical Composers. Composed by German Schauss. Book; CD; Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction; Technique Musicianship. Shredding Styles. Metal; Rock. 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.39378).
Item Number: AP.39378
ISBN 0739090666. Metal; Rock.
Some of the most brilliant and virtuosic music of all time was written during the baroque, classical, and romantic periods by composers like Beethoven, Handel, Vivaldi, Mozart, and Chopin. Many of these exciting musical works are perfect for shredders of any era and take on a whole new life when adapted for heavy metal guitar. This collection of 10 classical masterpieces for shred guitar provides theoretical analysis to help you apply what you learn to your own compositions and soloing. Every piece features innovative techniques and ideas to shed new light on these timeless compositions and stretch your playing to new limits. The accompanying CD demonstrates all of the examples, along with backing tracks at different tempos to help you practice and get you on your way to mastering this challenging repertoire.
- Ode to Joy Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Symphony No. 5 Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Lascia Ch'io Pianga Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Meditation Composed by Jules Massenet
- THE FOUR SEASONS, PRESTO Composed by Antonio Vivaldi
- MINUET IN G MAJOR (NOTEBOOK FOR ANNA MAGDALENA BACH) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Etude Op. 10, No. 2 Composed by Frederic Chopin
- Turkish March Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- The Flight of the Bumblebee Composed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov