Oboe Classics For Beginner
Classical and Play Along. Sheet music and accompaniment CD. 29 pages. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3411).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3411
ISBN 159615358X. 9x12 inches. Soloist: Elaine Douvas, oboe; Accompaniment: Erik Nielsen, piano.
This wonderful album for the beginning to early intermediate oboe player includes thirteen pieces ranging from Boccherini to Grieg to Richard Strauss to William Walton. Says James Roe of The Double Reed: "With the poise of a great virtuoso, [Ms. Douvas] a Soloist: Elaine Douvas, oboe. Ensemble: Erik Nielsen, pianoIncludes a complete solo part printed on high-quality ivory paper, annotated with performance suggestions and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- 5 Pieces for Harmonium: Piece V Composed by Cesar Auguste Franck
- Zueignung ('Dedication') Composed by Richard Strauss
- Gymnopedie No. 3 Composed by Satie, Eric (1866-1925)
- Three Dance Studies: I. Habanera; II. Valse Sentimentale; III. Magyar Composed by Chandler, Mary
- Orfeo ed Euridice: 'Che Faro senza Euridice?' ('What Is Life without Euridice?') Composed by Gluck, Christoph Willibald (1714-1787)
- Greensleves/Lovely Joan
- Norwegian Dance, Op. 35, No. 2 Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Lakme: 'Flower Duet' Composed by Delibes, Leo (1836-1891)
- Minuet Composed by Luigi Boccherini
- Meistersinger, Die, WWV96 - 'Morgenlich leuchtend' (Walter's Prize Song) Composed by Richard Wagner
- Orientale Composed by Cui, Cesar (1835-1918)
- Richard III: 3 Pieces (I. March; II. Elegy; III. Scherzetto) Composed by Walton, William (1902-1983)
- Children's Suite: 'Trumpet Tune' Composed by Walton, William (1902-1983)