Jazz Performer -- Solo Inspirations
Piano - Advanced
Standards for Advanced Solo Piano. Arranged by Paul Johnston. Book; Piano Collection; Piano Supplemental. Jazz Performer Series. Jazz. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.36435).
Item Number: AP.36435
Paul Johnston's arrangements of these wonderful standards incorporate stylistic elements of some of the great pianists of the last 60 years, including Bud Powell, Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Chick Corea, Keith Jarrett and others. Each arrangement includes a written-out solo section, so that even non-jazz pianists will feel as if they're improvising. Titles: Alice in Wonderland (Farn/Hilliard) * The Days of Wine and Roses (Mancini) * Eternal Triangle (Stitt) * A Foggy Day (Gershwin) * Our Love Is Here to Stay (Gershwin) * Over the Rainbow (Arlen/Harburg) * Scrapple from the Apple (Parker) * Skylark (Mercer/Carmichael) * When I Fall In Love (Young/Heyman) * You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To (Porter).
- When I Fall in Love Composed by Victor Young;Lyrics by Edward Heyman
- The Days of Wine and Roses Composed by Henry Mancini;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To (from "Something to Shout About") Composed by Cole Porter
- A Foggy Day (In London Town) Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Scrapple From The Apple Composed by Charlie Parker
- Alice in Wonderland Composed by Bob Hilliard;Lyrics by Sammy Fain
- Eternal Triangle Composed by Sonny Stitt
- Love Is Here to Stay (from "Goldwyn Follies") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Over The Rainbow (From "The Wizard Of Oz") Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg
- Skylark Composed by Hoagy Carmichael;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer