There are currently no items in your cart.
Irish Mandolin Playing: A Complete Guide composed by Philip John Berthoud. For Mandolin. Perfect binding, Methods. Celtic/Irish. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 128 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99777BCD).
ISBN 9780786670727. Celtic/Irish. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in Irish mandolin playing. As well as being a complete guide for the absolute beginner, this book also contains a mine of information, useful tips and ideas for the experienced player. The book takes the reader from the basics of the mandolin right through to more advanced topics such as creating variations, emphasis, improvisation, playing with other musicians, practicing effectively and much more. All the tunes and key exercises in the book are included on the accompanying 63 track CD. There is no need to read conventional music notation as all the music is written in easy-to-read mandolin tablature. However, for those interested in learning about music notation there is a handy section on this subject tailored specifically to the mandolinist as well as a chapter on modes.
- Tell Me Ma
- Star of the County Down
- The Derry Air
- Oh! Those Britches Full of Stitches
- The Brighton Polka
- Slieve Russell
- Geese In The Bog
- Old John's Jig
- Drops Of Brandy
- The Peacock Follow the Hen
- The Road To Lisdoonvarna
- Bobby Casey's Hornpipe
- The Red Haired Boy
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley
- The Boys Of Malin
- Sergeant Early's Dream
- Kerry Polka
- Scatter The Mud
- The Humours of Kesh
- The Merry Blacksmith
- The Humours of Tulla
- The Humours of Tulla 2
- The Hunter's Purse
- Delahunty's Hornpipe
- Ger The Rigger
- The Weak Little Finger
- The Humours Of Ballyloughlin
- The Sporting Pitchfork
- Willie Coleman's
- Langstern's Pony
- Tobin's Favourite
- Out On The Ocean
- The Butterfly
- The Kid on the Mountain
- The Sligo Chorus
- Chief O'neill's Favourite
- The King Of The Fairies
- Collier's Reel
- Mother Delight
- The Rakish Paddy
- The Earl's Chair
- The Maids of Michelstown
- The Glass of Beer
- The Golden Keyboard
- The Green Fields Of Rossbeigh
- The Yellow Tinker
- The Swallow's Tail
- The Star Of Munster
- The Pigeon On The Gate
Irish Mandolin Playing: A Complete Guide
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Irish Mandolin Playing: A Complete Guide
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Mandolin Sheet Music