There are currently no items in your cart.
In festo purificationis by Marc-Antoine Charpentier (1645-1704). Edited by Inge Forst. For SSB Choir, 2 Violin, Basso Continuo. French Sacred Music. Score available separately - see item CA.2102000. Cantatas; New year, Christmas. Part: violin 2. Language: Latin. H 318. 2 pages. Duration 5 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.2102012).
With Language: Latin. Cantatas; New year, Christmas.
Marc-Antoine Charpentier not only originated the Eurovision Melody, rather he also made an important contribution to French sacred music from the baroque with his oratorios, motets and cantatas. The four cantatas for the season of Christmas (CV 21.019-21.022) are now published in first editions. The Latin texts of these works for Christmas, the New Year, Epiphany, and the Purification are based on the accounts of the Gospels, which are paraphrased in the form of poetic texts. As in Charpentier's extensive Histoires sacrees, the musical structure is oratorical, with a part for the evangelist and texts spoken directly by biblical personages and groups of people (angels, Herodes, shepherds, wise men). In each work the vocal scoring includes two sopranos and a bass (those passages where a number of voices sing together can be performed either by soloists or by a choir). With this uniform scoring it would be meaningful to perform these works as a cycle, in the manner of a small Christmas oratorio.
In festo purificationis
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
In festo purificationis
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.