Heller - Selected Piano Studies, Opus 45 & 46
Piano (Piano Solo) - SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
Composed by Stephen Heller (1813-1888). Edited by William Westney. Schirmer Performance Editions. Softcover Audio Online. 64 pages. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.296587).
Item Number: HL.296587
ISBN 063409839X. 9x12 inches.
Schirmer Performance Editions are designed for piano students and their teachers as well as for professional pianists. Pedagogical in nature, these editions offer insightful interpretive suggestions, pertinent fingering, and historical and stylistic commentary. Prepared by renowned artists/teachers, these publications provide an accurate, well-informed score resource for pianists. Stephen Heller (1813-1888), a Hungarian-born concert pianist and composer, counted Chopin, Schumann and Liszt among his friends and admirers. Settling in Paris, he produced more than 160 published piano works. The beautifully evocative Studies, Op. 45 & 46 are among the compositions of Heller which are most familiar to pianists today. Editor & recording artist: William Westney
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 5-7.
About SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
4 to 5-note chords in both hands and scales in octaves in both hands.
- Celestial Voices (Op. 45, No. 9)
- Sailor's Song (Op. 45, No. 14)
- Warrior's Song (Op. 45, No. 15)
- Il Penseroso (Op. 45, No. 16)
- Impatience (Op. 45, No. 18)
- Spinning Song (Op. 45, No. 19)
- Carefree (Op. 46, No. 1)
- Petite Tarantelle (Op. 46, No. 7)
- Shimmering Waters (Op. 46, No. 12)
- Song of the Sea (Op. 46, No. 14)
- Song of the Gondolier (Op. 46, No. 25)
- Novelette (Op. 46, No. 29)
- Avalanche, The (Op. 45, No. 2)
- Ballet, The (Op. 45, No. 20)
- Anvil, The (Op. 46, No. 2)
- Wind, The (Op. 46, No. 5)