First Year Charts Collection for Jazz Ensemble
Jazz Ensemble Bass
Bass. Jazz Ensemble Collection. First Year Charts Collection for Jazz Ensemble. Jazz. Book. 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.SBM01014).
Item Number: AP.SBM01014
ISBN 0757977839. Jazz.
12 outstanding arrangements for the beginning jazz ensemble written by experienced educational arrangers and composers. A variety of styles and tempos are included: swing, ballads, rock, pop, holiday, Latin and a great warm-up chart titled "Loosen Up." This collection of charts is written for full instrumentation of 5 saxophones, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, and 4 rhythm, but designed to sound full and complete with reduced instrumentation of just nine players - 2 Alto Saxes, Tenor Sax, 2 Trumpets, Trombone, Piano, Bass and Drums. Optional parts are available for C Flute, Tuba (doubles Bass part), Horn in F (doubles 1st Trombone), and Baritone Horn T.C. (doubles 1st Trombone). Rhythm section parts offer suggestions for voicings and rhythms and guitar chord frames are included to assist young guitarists. Solos are written out for improvised sections and there is plenty of full sounding ensemble. Conductor's book includes a full length CD recording. Titles are: Chattanooga Choo Choo * El Gato Gordo * James Bond Theme * A Jazzy Merry Christmas * The Judge * Li'l Darlin' * Loosen Up * One O'Clock Jump * Over the Rainbow * Peter Gunn Theme * The Pink Panther * Rock This Town.
- James Bond Theme Composed by Monty Norman
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Composed by Harry Warren;Lyrics by Mack Gordon
- One O'Clock Jump Composed by Count Basie
- Peter Gunn Composed by Henry Mancini
- The Pink Panther Composed by Henry Mancini
- Jazzy Merry Chrstmas Additional credits Jack Bullock
- Loosen Up Additional credits Mike Lewis
- Li'l Darlin' Composed by Neal Hefti
- Rock This Town Additional credits Brian Setzer
- El Gato Gordo (The Fat Cat) Composed by Roy Phillippe
- The Judge Additional credits Jack Bullock
- Over The Rainbow Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg