There are currently no items in your cart.
Fingerpicking Guitar for the Young Beginner composed by William Bay. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Saddle-stitched, Methods. Young Beginner. Children. Beginning. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20626BCD).
ISBN 9780786672042. Children. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This beginner's approach to playing fingerstyle guitar uses well-known folk songs to develop left and right-hand techniques. The tunes are first introduced with simplified chords and accompaniment provided by an easy downward strum of the thumb. Next, the thumb and three fingers pluck simultaneously to produce block chords, and finally render more complex arpeggiated patterns. While barre chords are judiciously avoided throughout, the alternating bass concept is presented with 'full-strength' chords using all six strings where applicable. While the melodies are shown in standard notation, the lyrics and companion CD serve as rhythmic guides to the student; neither note nor tablature reading ability is required to complete this enjoyable course.
- Tune =Up
- Brother John
- Brother John-Plucking Style
- Farmer in the Dell-Thumb Strum
- Farmer in the Dell-Plucking Version
- Brother John-Arpeggio Style
- Farmer in the Dell-Arpeggio Style
- Father Abraham-Thumb Strum
- Father Abraham-Plucking Version
- Father Abraham-Arpeggio Style
- Father Abraham-Double Arpeggio Pattern
- Lonesome Valley-Strum Style
- Lonesome Valley-Arpeggio Style
- Lonesome Valley-Double Arpeggio Pattern
- Lonesome Valley-Alternate Bass
- Tom Dooley-Double Arpeggio Pattern
- Tom Dooley-Alternate Bass Pattern
- Old Chisholm Trail-Double Arpeggio Pattern
- Old Chisholm Trail-Alernate Bass Pattern
- Skip to my Lou-Alternate Bass
- Long Long Ago-Alternate Bass
- Down in the Valley-3/4 Strum
- Down in the Valley-3/4 Arpeggio Pattern
- Oh, My Darling Clementine-3/4 Arpeggio Pattern
- Oh, Mary, Don't You Weep-Strum Style
- Blow Ye Winds, Westerly-3/4 Strum
- Our Team Will Shine Tonight
- Jack Of Diamonds
- She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain-Alternate Bass Pattern
- Hey Lolly-Double Arpeggio
- Pay Me My Money Down-Double Arpeggio
- On Top of Old Smokey-3/4 Arpeggio
- Auld Lang Syne-Alternate Bass
- Streets Of Laredo
- Beautiful Brown Eyes-Bass-Pluck-Pluck Pattern
- Hey, Ho, Nobody Home-Arpeggio Pattern
- Shady Grove-Alternate Bass
- Oh, Sinner Man-Alternate Bass
Fingerpicking Guitar for the Young Beginner
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Fingerpicking Guitar for the Young Beginner
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Children Sheet Music