Essential Jazz Lines in the Style of Joe Pass - Guitar Edition
Guitar (flatpicking & fingerpicking) - Intermediate
Composed by Corey Christiansen. Saddle-stitched, Improvisation. Essential Jazz Lines. Jazz. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99560BCD).
Item Number: MB.99560BCD
ISBN 9780786660728. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Presents hundreds of improvised melodic lines played by Joe Pass. Each of the melodic lines are grouped in the harmonic situation in which they were originally played (i.e. all minor lines are presented together and all dominant seventh lines are presented together, etc). The companion play along CD has a "live" rhythm section playing single chord vamps as well as vamps covering all twelve keys for each harmonic situation. An etude over the changes to Satin Doll shows how to apply the various lines and create improvised solos.
- One-Measure Minor Seventh Material
- Two-Measure Minor Seventh Material
- One-Measure Dominant Seventh Material
- Two-Measure Dominant Seventh Material
- One-Measure "Two-Five" Material
- Two-Measure "Two-Five" Material
- One- and Two-Measure Major Chord Material
- Minor "Two-Five" Material
- Short ii-V-I
- Long ii-V-I
- Minor ii-V-I
- Solo Using Joe Pass Lines
- About the Author
Customers Who Bought Essential Jazz Lines in the Style of Joe Pass - Guitar Edition Also Bought: