There are currently no items in your cart.
Do It! Play French Horn - Book 2 & CD composed by James Froseth. For french horn. Music Education - Band Method. Book & CD. Text language: English. 48 pages. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-M510).
ISBN 9781579992316. With Text language: English. Music Education - Band Method.
This major band method by James O. Froseth has it all:
Artist performers set musical standards in sound with more than 80 great performances on CD for every instrument, and one CD lasts for the entire book!
Performers include Michael Henoch (Chicago Symphony Orchestra), Randall Hawes, Jeffrey Zook, Sharon Sparrow, Kevin Good (Detroit Symphony Orchestra), Albert Blaser (Cleveland State University), Brian Bowman (Duquesne University), Timothy McAllister (Crane School of Music, SUNY at Potsdam), Steve Houghton (LA percussion recording artist and clinician), Donald Sinta, Richard Beene, Bryan Kennedy, Debra Chodacki, Fritz Kaenzig (University of Michigan), Kristin Beene (Toledo Symphony Orchestra), and Jean Moorehead Libs (Plymouth Symphony Orchestra).
Professional studio backgrounds capture the rich diversity of American music culture with a repertoire of American, Latin American, African, European, and Far Eastern styles.
Music of other times includes 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Bouffons, 16th-century French branle, 18th- and 19th-century folk songs and dances, 1940s and '50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll.
The repertoire and recorded contexts are motivating, informative, and entirely musical.
Every song includes text, providing information about phrasing, rhythm, style, affect, emotion, history, and culture.
A unique Rhythmic Pattern Dictionary allows students to "look it up" and "listen up."
An individualized format allows students to progress at different rates with a "theme and-variation" format.
Ear training and improvisation are integral parts of the lesson format.
A 550+ page teacher's resource edition and musical score provides options galore, including a double CD with "listen and play" exercises for group instruction, supplementary exercises for technical development, and resource material for improvisation and composition. All the resources needed for teaching to the National Standards for Music are provided. (Coordinates with rhythm flashcards)
Book 2 features innovative but optional use of world percussion instruments, as developed by percussion educator Steve Houghton.
Do It! Play French Horn - Book 2 & CD
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Do It! Play French Horn - Book 2 & CD
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Horn Sheet Music