There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Dobro Player by Stacy Phillips. For Guitar (Resonator). Perfect binding, Solos. Complete. All Styles. Multiple Levels. Book/2-CD Set. 246 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.95271BCD).
ISBN 9780786665464. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Stacy Phillips is an internationally acclaimed soloist and author on Resonator Guitar. This comprehensive book took years to produce and is the culmination of Stacy's many years of playing the instrument, studying new Resonator techniques and interviewing other Resonator greats. This book achieves the following objectives: 1. To present an in-depth survey of the styles in which well-rounded lap guitarist should be competent. 2. To examine the playing styles and techniques of some of the world's greatest Resonator guitarists. 3. To catalog many of the licks that are lingua franca in the world of Resonator guitarists. 4. To indicate some of the underlying relationships between notes, keys, and chords by introducing some basic music theory as it relates specifically to the six-string guitar in G tuning. 5. To gain insights into the world of Resophonic guitar stylings and performance through interviews with some of the top players. 6. To demonstrate unconventional concepts in order to stimulate fresh approaches to playing the instrument. Tablature included.
The double-CD set presents more than 90 minutes of stereo recording featuring Stacy Phillips on Dobro and Paul Howard on guitar. Play-along tracks are included for several of the tunes.
Complete Dobro Player
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Dobro Player
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.