There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Bluegrass Banjo Method composed by Neil Griffin. For Banjo (5-String). Wire bound, Methods. Complete. Bluegrass. Multiple Levels. Book/CD Set. 244 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93345BCD).
ISBN 9780786665211. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
One of the very best G tuning five-string bluegrass banjo methods available! The book teaches how to pick out tunes single-string style (one note at a time), how to play chord accompaniment, and how to play solos in the full three-finger, bluegrass style. Topics include note and tab reading, chord background styles, traditional bluegrass techniques, fills and endings, use of the capo, rolls, slides, hammers, pull-offs, choking, harmonics, and up-the-neck playing. In notation and tablature. The CD includes acoustic bass, acoustic guitar, and a rhythm track as well as the 5-string banjo. All songs and most exercises are included in this teaching recording, performed at a tempo that the student should be able to maintain in short order.
- Part One
- About Part One
- The Author
- Left-Hand Position
- Right-Hand Position and Fingering
- The Picks
- The Quickest Way to Learn
- Music-Reading Section
- The Rudiments of Music
- Other Musical Signs and Terms
- Tuning the Banjo
- Reading Tablature
- Time Values of Notes and Rests
- Counting Time in Tablature
- Counting Time
- Playing Songs on the First, Second, and Fifth Strings
- Playing a Song on the Second and Third Strings
- Chord Background
- The Chord Symbol
- The Basic Chords
- Down and Up Strumming
- Pinching the Chords
- Melody and Pinch Chords Together
- Key Signatures
- Counting Review
- 3-Finger Picking Section
- Counting Bluegrass Style
- The Basic Rolls
- Forward Rolls
- Backward Rolls
- Thumb-Alternating Rolls
- Rolls on the D and D7 Chords
- Combination Rolls
- Daily Practice Patterns
- Right-Hand Patterns
- The Basic Banjo Picking Effects
- Fills and Endings
- The Capo
- Solo Section
- The Banjo and Its Parts
- Part Two
- Chord Studies
- Mixing the Major Chord Forms
- The I, IV, and V Chords
- The I, IV, V, I Progression
- Other Movable Chord Forms
- The Dominant Seventh Chord
- The Diminished Seventh Chord
- The Augmented Seventh Chord
- Right-Hand Chord Background Patterns
- Blues & Boogie Back-Up Section
- Blues Rock Back-Up
- 5-String Boogie
- Melodic Thirds and Sixths
- Melodic Thirds and Sixths Mixed
- Blues-Rock Chorus
- Melodic or "Chromatic" Picking
- Advanced Solo Song Section
- Chord Diagrams for Solo Section
- Circled Tab Numbers
- The Choke
Complete Bluegrass Banjo Method
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Complete Bluegrass Banjo Method
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music