There are currently no items in your cart.
Cleofide (Opera in three acts). Composed by Johann Adolf Hasse (1699-1783). Edited by Zenon Mojzysz. For Soli, Choir, 2 Flutes, 2 Oboes, 2 Horns, 2 Trombones, 2 Violins, Viola, Basso continuo. This edition: Complete edition. Complete editions. Complete edition available separately - see item CA.5070400. Operas, "Singspiele". Choral score. Language: Italian. Composed 1731. 8 pages. Duration 240 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.5070405).
ISBN M-007-09242-9. With Language: Italian. Operas, "Singspiele".
Hasse's Cleofide of 1731 can be regarded as the zenith of his creative output-not least of all because he integrated several of his greatest arias from earlier works into this opera. The theme from antiquity "Alexander's conquests in India" was perfectly suited to flatter August the Strong, a rather unsuccessful commander-in-chief, who at that moment was occupied with the reorganization of his armies. For performance at the Court of Dresden, Metastasio's original libretto was reworked by Michelangelo Boccardi. As a result, the title of the opera was changed from "Alessandro nell' Indie" to "Cleofide" and Faustina Bordoni, the prima donna and wife of Johann Adolf Hasse, became the protagonist of the story. Musically, the opera reflected the style of the time. Hasse's expressive and natural style was admired and appreciated by the public professional musicians alike. The vocal parts were "tailor-made" for the singers and in performing this work the outstanding soloists and the orchestra could shine. Hasse always tried to get the utmost from his musicians and in the case of "Cleofide" he achieved a 100% success. The Carus edition of "Cleofide," which has been published as a part of the Hasse-Werkausgabe, is the very first printed edition of this work. It is based primarily on the original parts used for the first performance in 1731 and presents both an accurate musicological rendering of the sources as well as a practical performance edition.
Opera in three acts
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Opera in three acts
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Johann Adolf Hasse Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Choir Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Flute Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Horn Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Oboe Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Piano and Keyboard Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Trombone Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Viola Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Violin Sheet Music Johann Adolf Hasse Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score