There are currently no items in your cart.
Blue Lake Fantasies composed by David R. Gillingham. For solo euphonium (Solo Euphonium (Treble Clef part included)). Medium difficult. Duration 12:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.19750).
Cast in the form of a programmatic, five-movement suite, Blue Lake Fantasies seeks to exploit both the technical facility as well as the lyrical quality of the euphonium. Now a standard in the repertoire, it is intended for the professional euphonium player or an advanced student.
Commissioned by The Leonard Falcone International Euphonium Festival, Blue Lake Fantasies is a virtuosic work intended for the professional euphonium player or an advanced student. Cast in the form of a five-movement suite, the work seeks to exploit both the technical facility as well as the lyrical quality of the instrument. Each movement is a fantasy and bears a name which could be associated with this Fine Arts Camp situated at Twin Lake, Michigan. Therefore, each movement is programmatic in that it reflects the spirit or image suggested by the title. 'Firefly' is a technical etude of sorts which simulates the lightning-fast firefly on a hot summer's night. Sudden changes of dynamics and style in this movement are indicative of the elusive firefly as it darts through the summer air, sometimes flickering and sometimes resting in the grass. The second movement, 'Moonlight Across the Water,' is lyrical and expressive, capturing the emotion felt by the composer on many occasions while contemplating the serene beauty of a lake adorned by shimmering moonlight. 'All That Jazz,' the third movement, salutes the jazz program at Blue Lake with its swing tempo and stereotypical rhythms. The fourth movement, 'Ancient Native Air,' is simplistic and lyrical. It is based on the Chippewa Indian tune 'My Music Reaches to the Sky.' Michigan has a rich Native American history and it seemed appropriate to include this wonderful old tune. The fifth and final movement, 'Party-Antics,' is a musical romp with cliche melodic patterns and rhythms. The music is intended to capture the spirit of celebration at a party gathering on the last day of camp. There is, however, a bittersweet wrinkle in all this fun: a soaring and majestic secondary theme reflects the sadness as new found friends depart from camp and go their separate ways. Blue Lake Fantasies was premiered by Brian Bowman on August 12, 1995 at The Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Twin Lake, Michigan.
Blue Lake Fantasies
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Blue Lake Fantasies
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Euphonium Sheet Music