There are currently no items in your cart.
Band Time edited by Pete Mac. For Acoustic Instruments. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Mally's Presents. Celtic/Irish. Intermediate. Book. 48 pages. Published by Dave Mallinson Publications (MB.AR112).
ISBN 9781899512751. Celtic/Irish. 8.25 x 11.75 inches.
Band Time, the sequel to Band Swing, is designed to be user friendly to musicians, and tunes are written out in a straightforward way, and with phrasing to help callers and dancers. In the Reel, Polka, Jig, Hornpipe and Waltz sections, tunes are arranged so that they can be played down the page.
Some of the tunes in this book have easier arrangements printed on the opposite page, so that less experienced musicians can contribute to the band and play at normal band tempo. Workshops often suggest that everyone plays the easier version once or twice through, and then the more experienced musicians play the full version, while the less experienced continue with the easier version. In this way the less experienced will have heard what their tune sounds like before having to play it against the full version.
A chord is shown under each bar, and guitarists, pianists and accordionists etc. should play two vamps or um-chas per bar for reels and jigs. Where one chord is shown directly above another, the one below is an alternative. Minor chords are shown as e.g. Amin meaning A minor.
On page 43 you will find a couple of American style reels, Dick's Farewell and Crocker's Reel. Callers often ask for 7 x 32 bar reels for a square, which would typically be played: chorus, figure, figure, chorus, figure, figure, chorus. These two tunes work well together when a specific tune for a singing call not required. Play the first tune for the chorus and the second tune for the figures.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Mally's Presents