Authentic Jazz Play-Along -- It Don't Mean a Thing
10 jazz standards for tenor saxophone. Edited by Andy Hampton. Book; CD; Instrumental Series; Play-Along. Authentic Jazz Playalong. Jazz standards, play along. Book and CD. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-0571527418).
Item Number: AP.12-0571527418
Part of the new 'Authentic Jazz Playalong' series, This volume brings together Gershwin, Porter, Ellington and other legends of 20th Century Jazz. "It Don't Mean a Thing" features ten absolute classics of jazz repertoire, idiomatically arranged for the intermediate (grades 4-6) player. Melody, lyrics and chord symbols are provided, offering opportunity for improvisation, with suggested solo phrases notated to aid the beginner. There is also a brief guide/biographical note to each song in the collection In addition, the playalong CD comprises a live trio of piano, bass and drums for truly authentic performance.
- Blues In the Night Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Embraceable You Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- How High The Moon Composed by Morgan Lewis;Lyrics by Nancy Hamilton
- I Get A Kick Out Of You Composed by Cole Porter
- I've got you Under My Skin Composed by Cole Porter
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If it ain't got That Swing) Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Irving Mills
- Love Is Here To Stay Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- My Funny Valentine Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Someone To Watch Over Me Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Summertime Composed by George Gershwin,Du Bose Heyward,Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin