An Introduction To Jazz Chord Voicing For Keyboard
Instructional. Chords and Jazz. Instructional book and accompaniment CD. With standard notation, chord names, instructional text and illustrations. 68 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.854100).
Item Number: HL.854100
ISBN 1423417739. 9x12 inches.
This book is designed for the pianist/keyboardist with moderate technical skills and reading ability who desires to play jazz styles and learn to improvise from reading chord symbols. It is an ideal self-teaching book for keyboardists in high school and junior high jazz ensembles. Unique features of this book include chords and progressions written out in all keys (not just written in one key with a complicated formula for figuring out all the other keys), a simple fingering system which applies to all keys, and coverage of improvising and solo playing.
- Basic Chord Voicings
- The Sixth and Thirteenth Chords
- Chord Construction
- The Seventh Chords
- The Ninth Chords
- Summary of Unaltered Chords
- The Altered Fifth and Eleventh Chords
- The Altered Ninth Chords
- Combination Chords
- II-V-I In Minor
- Variation Voicings
- Triads and Diminished Seventh Chords
- Melody Playing
- Appendix A: Chord Voicings In All Keys
- Appendix B: II-V-I All Major Keys
- Appendix C: ii-v-i All Minor Keys
- Appendix D: Common Progressions With Altered Chords