There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 3 composed by Andrew Surmani and Morton Manus. Reference Textbooks; Textbook - General; Theory. Essentials of Music Theory. Book. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.17233).
Alfredâ€™s Essentials of Music Theory is designed for students of any age, whether listeners or performers, who want to have a better understanding of the language of music. In this all-in-one theory course, you will learn the essentials of music through concise lessons, practice your music reading and writing skills in the exercises, improve your listening skills with the available ear-training CDs (sold separately), and test your knowledge with a review that completes each unit. Computer software is also available with randomized drilling of the material and scorekeeping.
Book 3 (Lessons 51-75): 1st & 2nd Inversions of Triads * Inversions of V7 Chords * Figured Bass * Major Chord Progressions * Minor Scales, Minor Triads * Augmented & Diminished Triads * Primary Triads in Minor Keys * Minor Chord Progressions * Modes * Harmonizing a Melody in Major and Minor Keys * Broken Chords & Arpeggiated Accompaniments * Passing and Neighboring Tones * Composing a Melody in Major and Minor Keys * 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression & Blues Scale * Basic Forms of Music.
The complete line of Alfredâ€™s Essentials of Music Theory includes Student Books, a Teacherâ€™s Answer Key, Ear-Training CDs, Double Bingo games, Flash Cards, Reproducible Teacherâ€™s Activity Kits, and interactive software for students and teachers in private study, studio and network environments.
- Unit 13
- Lesson 51: Triads---1st Inversion
- Lesson 52: Triads---2nd Inversion
- Lesson 53: V-7 Chords---1st, 2nd and 3rd Inversions
- Lesson 54: Figured Bass
- Lesson 55: Major Chord Progressions
- Ear Training for Lessons 51-55
- Review of Lessons 51-55
- Unit 14
- Lesson 56: Minor Scales
- Lesson 57: Natural, Harmonic and Melodic Minor Scales
- Lesson 58: Minor Triads
- Lesson 59: Augmented and Diminished Triads
- Ear Training for Lessons 56-59
- Review of Lessons 56-59
- Unit 15
- Lesson 60: The Primary Triads in Minor Keys
- Lesson 61: Minor Chord Progressions
- Lesson 62: Modes Related to the Major Scale: Ionian, Mixolydian, and Lydian
- Lesson 63: Modes Related to the Minor Scale: Aeolian, Dorian, Phrygian, Locrian
- Ear Training for Lessons 60-63
- Review of Lessons 60-63
- Unit 16
- Lesson 64: Harmonizing a Melody in a Major Key
- Lesson 65: Broken Chords and Arpeggiated Accompaniments
- Lesson 66: Passing and Neighboring Tones
- Lesson 67: Composing a Melody in a Major Key
- Ear Training for Lessons 64-67
- Review of Lessons 64-67
- Unit 17
- Lesson 68: Harmonizing a Melody in a Minor Key
- Lesson 69: Composing a Melody in a Minor Key
- Lesson 70: 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression
- Lesson 71: The Blues Scale
- Ear Training for Lessons 68-71
- Review of Lessons 68-71
- Unit 18
- Lesson 72: Basic Forms of Music---Motive and Phrase
- Lesson 73: AB (Binary) Form
- Lesson 74: ABA (Ternary) Form
- Lesson 75: Rondo Form
- Ear Training for Lessons 72-75
- Review of Lessons 72-75
- Glossary & Index of Terms & Symbols
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 3
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 3
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Andrew Surmani Sheet Music
Series: Essentials of Music Theory