Alfred Jazz Easy Play-Along -- Latin, Volume 3
C, B-flat, E-flat, & Bass Clef Instruments
C, B-flat, E-flat & Bass Clef Instruments. Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Easy Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 108 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.38953).
Item Number: AP.38953
The Alfred Jazz EASY Play-Along series goes beyond the other play-alongs. Each volume has parts for C, B-flat, E-flat, and bass clef instruments and includes a sample jazz solo written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included CD has a demo and play-along track for each tune. The demo track , featuring a pro rhythm section and horn player, is a learning tool for the melodic concept, overall jazz style and the sample jazz solo. The play-along track allows a soloist or group to learn and perform with the rhythm section. Specific improvisation tips and suggestions are included. The included sample jazz solo is an invaluable asset that makes learning how to improvise easier. There is also a matching book for rhythm section featuring piano, bass and drum parts. Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: Gentle Rain * Listen Here * Manha de Carnival * Night and Day * Poinciana * Recorda Me * The Shadow of Your Smile * Softly, as in a Morning Sunrise * Star Eyes.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Listen Here Composed by Eddie Harris
- Gentle Rain Composed by Luiz Bonfa;Lyrics by Matt Dubey
- Manha de Carnaval Composed by Luiz Bonfa;Lyrics by Antonio Maria
- Star Eyes Composed by Don Raye; Gene Depaul
- Night and Day (from "Gay Divorcee") Composed by Cole Porter
- The Shadow of Your Smile (from "The Sandpiper") Composed by Johnny Mandel;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- Poinciana Composed by Nat Simon;Lyrics by Buddy Bernier
- Recorda Me (Remember Me) Additional credits Joe Henderson
- Softly, As In a Morning Sunrise Composed by Sigmund Romberg;Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein