There are currently no items in your cart.
A Portrait of Vanzetti composed by Roger Reynolds (1934-). Contemporary Medium Ensemble. For Flute, Clarinet, 2 Horns, Trombone, 3 Percussion, Electro-acoustic sound. Modern, Electronic. Score. Composed 1963/2009. Duration circa 17 minutes. Edition Peters #EP68225. Published by Edition Peters (PE.P68225).
During 1963, I was in Koln as a Fulbright Fellow, working under the generous guidance of Gottfried-Michael Koenig. I completed the electro-acoustic component of a work for narrator, ensemble, and tape. A Portrait of Vanzetti" was premiered at the 1963 ONCE Festival, in Ann Arbor, where I had studied with Roberto Gerhard and Ross Lee Finney. It was the first work I completed after leaving the University of Michigan. Although one now badly faded score has survived, along with a recording subsequently issued in the New World Record's 5-CD set documenting the first five years of the ONCE Festivals, the tape part was lost along with most of the text. In 2009, I set out to resurrect this work, in part because of the response to the recording, and in part because the story of the Italian immigrant anarchists, Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti, along with the social, political, and judicial turmoil that their trial and subsequent appeals aroused, still touches me today. I reconstructed the text and have recreated an approximation of the electro-acoustic component, now using multi-channel sound, and adding spatialization of the narrator's voice." (Roger Reynolds) (Roger Reynolds)
A Portrait of Vanzetti
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A Portrait of Vanzetti
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Roger Reynolds Sheet Music Roger Reynolds Clarinet Sheet Music Roger Reynolds Flute Sheet Music Roger Reynolds Horn Sheet Music Roger Reynolds Percussion Sheet Music Roger Reynolds Trombone Sheet Music