There are currently no items in your cart.
7 Fantasies (1592) - Score composed by Buona. For SST/AAT recorders; or 2 violins, viola. Recorder Trios, String Trios. Italian Instrumental Music of the Renaissance. Score. Published by London Pro Musica (MM.LPMIM07).
Little is known of the life of Valerio Buona. He was born in Brescia, and at some stage became a Franciscan. Around 1590 he was maestro di cappella at the cathedral at Vercelli; in 1596 he was working in Milan. In 1611 he returned to Brescia, only to move on to Verona three years later. He had at least eight volumes of church music published, in Milan from 1590 to 1594, and in Venice between 1600 and 1619. It is likely that at least six collections of his secular pieces were published. The most striking feature of these pieces is the unusual layout of the parts, with the two upper parts sharing the same range, and with a substantial gap of about an octave between these and the lowest part. In fact this kind of texture was absolutely typical of the canzonette of the time (including the eighteen that Buona printed in his 1592 book) and the apparent anomaly of the present pieces is simply a case of the composer having transferred a texture that was perfectly normal in vocal pieces to purely instrumental music in which it was relatively uncommon. - BT.
About Italian Instrumental Music of the Renaissance
These pieces are primarily for 2 or 3 instruments. Playable on recorders, viols - and some on crumhorns. Primarily available with just score - although later editions include parts.
7 Fantasies (1592) - Score
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
7 Fantasies (1592) - Score
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Genre: Italian Sheet Music