There are currently no items in your cart.
Viola Concerto D Major
Viola and Piano Reduction Sheet Music Book
By Franz Anton Hoffmeister
Strings Piano Accompaniment; Viola (Viola and Piano)
Viola and Piano Reduction. Composed by Franz Anton Hoffmeister (1754-1812). Edited by Julia Ronge. Arranged by Kim Kashkashian and Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. Cadenzas and lead-ins by Robert D. Levin. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 8 -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Softcover. 58 pages. G. Henle #HN739. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480739).
Item Number: HL.51480739
ISBN 9790201807393. 9.25x12.25x0.2 inches.
Along with the Stamitz concerto, Hoffmeister's Viola Concerto is the most important audition piece for viola players. Yet, it has been handed down in a complicated source tradition, surviving in a single contemporary manuscript covered with many layers of markings. Our piano reduction reconstructs, for the first time, the earliest textual layer in this source, thereby coming as close as possible to Hoffmeister's actual intentions. The reconstructed original is accompanied by a detailed critical commentary. Fingering and bowing marks have been added by no less a musician than Kim Kashkashian!
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
Customers Who Bought Viola Concerto D Major Also Bought: