There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata in F Major Op. 99 for Piano and Violoncello
Strings Cello, Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
With Marked and Unmarked String Parts. Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Egon Voss and Johannes Behr. Arranged by Claus Kanngiesser and Klaus Schilde. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition, replaces HN 19; with marked and unmarked string parts. Fingering and bowing for Violoncello: Claus Kanngiesser. Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN1135. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481135).
Item Number: HL.51481135
ISBN 9790201811352. 9.25x12.25 inches. Ed. Johaness Behr, Egon Voss fing./bowing for cello: Claus Kanngiesser fing. piano: Klaus Schilde.
Brahms' cello sonatas are probably amongst the most beautiful that have ever been written for this instrument. The publication of the two works in the new Brahms Complete Edition has prompted a new Urtext edition of the Sonata in F major: This classic work (to date HN 19) has now been newly engraved and reflects current scholarly findings. Johannes Behr has also provided extensive details regarding its genesis and the edition. Both the piano and cello parts have fingerings, but there is also an unmarked part for the cello.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)