There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata in F Major, Op. 6
Score and Parts Cello
For Violoncello and Piano. Composed by Richard Strauss (1864-1949). Edited by Peter Jost. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 64 pages. G. Henle #HN1469. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481469).
Item Number: HL.51481469
Fingering Michael Korstick; fingering & bowing for cello Johannes Moser Aside from the Piano Quartet op. 13 and the Violin Sonata op. 18, the Cello Sonata numbers among the most mature works of chamber music from Strauss' early oeuvre. The influences of Mendelssohn, Schumann, and Brahms are noticeable, while leaving sufficient space for a very personal tonal language, often with surprising rhythmic and harmonic turns of phrase. Strauss subjected the first version completed in early 1881 to a radical revision over the winter of 1882/83; the opening movement was thoroughly reworked, the two subsequent movements rewritten completely. It was worth it, because after the premiere in Dresden, the composer wrote to his mother, "My sonata garnered extraordinary acclaim, the applause was enormous, congratulations came to me from all sides.".
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
Customers Who Bought Sonata in F Major, Op. 6 Also Bought: