There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata for Violoncello and Piano G minor Op. 65
Sheet Music Book
By Frederic Chopin
Strings Cello; Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
Composed by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. rec. DipABRM since 2005: DipABRSM -- rec. FRSM since 2005: FRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Softcover. 80 pages. G. Henle #HN495. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480495).
Item Number: HL.51480495
ISBN 9790201804958. 9.25x12.25x0.274 inches.
It is well known that Chopin almost exclusively wrote works for solo piano. Only for the cello did he make some exceptions: two works – a Polonaise brillante and the Duo Concertant (HN 788) were written for cello and piano, and he also let the cello express itself in his Piano Trio op. 8 (HN 1068). Finally, towards the end of his life, he honored the low-stringed instrument with a grand, four-movement Sonata in G minor. Proof that it was anything but child's play is provided by the extensive sketch material. Chopin himself claimed: “With my cello sonata, I am now satisfied and now dissatisfied. I toss it into the corner, then pick it up again.” Today we only have an inkling about this struggle. The sonata, with its famous melodic Largo movement, is now firmly embedded in the canon of cello literature.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
Customers Who Bought Sonata for Violoncello and Piano G minor Op. 65 Also Bought: