Pieces de Fantaisie en quatre suites, Livre III, Op. 54
Composed by Louis fourne. Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Louis fourne. Samtliche Orgelwerke 7,3 \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score. Composed 1927. Opus 54. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09229. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09229).
Item Number: BA.BA09229
ISBN 9790006534432. 30.5 x 23 cm inches.
These two volumes (BA 9229, BA 9230) continue the ambitious project to publish Vierne's complete organ and piano works.
The famous collection of"Pieces de Fantaisie"comprising 24 fantasy pieces in four volumes (Livres I-IV) has become internationally known. With their varying degrees of difficulty, the pieces are suitable for both professional organists as well as advanced pupils and students.
As there is neither a thematic link nor a unifying tonal scheme within the four books, the pieces are above all a diverse collection of individual works suitable for performance in a wide range of contexts.
- Evaluation of all available autograph manuscripts, first printed editions and previously unpublished letters
- Editorial clarification superseding the long-standing international correction lists
- Foreword in three languages (Fr/Eng/Ger), with detailed performance practice tips and Critical Commentary (Fr/Eng/Ger)
- Numerous illustrations and facsimile pages
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Louis Vierne - Biographical Overview
- The genesis of the 24 Pieces de Fantaisie
- The Pieces de Fantaisie op. 54
- Notation and Interpretation
- Pieces de Fantaisie (autograph, title page)
- Etoile du soir (autograph, page 45)
- Fantomes (autograph, page 70)
- Carillon de Westminster (autograph, page 85)
- Advertisement Pieces de Fantaisie, Lemoine 1928
Pieces de Fantaisie op. 54
- Etoile du soir
- Sur le Rhin
- Carillon de Westminster
- I. Abbreviations
- II. Editorial technique
- III. Sources
- IV. Detailed references
Customers Who Bought Pieces de Fantaisie en quatre suites, Livre III, Op. 54 Also Bought: