There are currently no items in your cart.
Composed by Wilhelm Middelschulte (1868-1943). Edited by Jurgen Sonnentheil and Hans-Dieter Meyer. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Wilhelm Middelschulte. Complete Organ Works II \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08492. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08492).
Item Number: BA.BA08492
ISBN 9790006528325. 30 x 23 cm inches.
Wilhelm Middelschulte (1863-1943) studied church music in Berlin . From 1891 onwards he worked as director of the organ department at the American Conservatory in Chicago and the Wisconsin Conservatory in Milwaukee .
As a virtuoso organist he had a formative impact on American organ music: even Ferruccio Busoni called him a 'master of counterpoint' and the greatest contrapuntal composer since J. S. Bach.
The Concerto for Organ is a masterpiece of contrapuntal inversion. The thematic material of all five movements is taken from the theme of the great Organ Fugue in E minor BWV 584/2 by Johann Sebastian Bach. TheCanonic Fantasyis in the form of a passacaglia, whose theme and contrapuntal inversions are taken from the BACH motif. The virtuosoPerpetuum mobilefor pedal solo is one of the works which Middelschulte performed most frequently.
- First Urtext edition of Middelschulte's complete organ works
- Each volume contains a detailed foreword and Critical Commentary (Ger/Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
- The first complete edition of the organ works of Willhelm Middelschulte
- Willhelm Middelschulte - A biographical appreciation
- The organ works
- Information concerning performance
- Willhelm Middelschulte (1908)
- Dedication of the new organ in Orchestra Hall, Chicago (1905)
- Orchestra Hall, Chicago (1904/05)
- St. James Roman Catholic Church, Chicago (1905)
- Perpetuum mobile (1903)
Concerto for Organ on a Theme by Johann Sebastian Bach
- I. Prelude
- II. Scherzo
- III. Adagio
- IV. Intermezzo
- V. Finale
- Canonic Fantasia on BACH and Fugue on 4 Themes by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Andante con moto
- Introduction (Moderato molto e pensieroso
- Fugue on 4 Themes by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Perpetuum mobile
- I. Abbreviations
- II. Editorial technique
- III. Sources
- IV. Detailed references
Errata Volume 1 (BA8491)
Customers Who Bought Original Compositions 2 Also Bought: