Organ - Level 3
Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Siegbert Rampe. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA11226. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA11226).
Item Number: BA.BA11226
ISBN 9790006559954. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Siegbert Rampe.
In terms of layout and musical text, this scholarly-critical performing edition of George Frideric Handel's Complete Organ Works is based on the complete edition volumes of the composer's keyboard music edited by Terence Best as part of the Halle Handel Edition (HHA).
The HHA Critical Commentary forms the basis of this edition, which however differs from the HHA volumes in two respects. Firstly, it gathers together, for the first time, all of Handel works for which it can be solidly argued that they were composed for the organ. The centre piece is a set of twelve handwritten fugues deriving directly from his immediate surroundings and published here, for the first time, as a unified cycle. Secondly, our edition presents plausible alternative readings from various sources in the main body of the music. In the HHA these readings, all of which definitely or presumably stem from the composer, are merely listed in the critical commentary.
* A detailed Foreword contains a description of the sources, followed by comments on the individual works. In addition this edition includes contemporary organ dispositions and a Critical Commentary.
* Scholarly-critical edition based on the Urtext of the Halle Handel Edition (HHA)
* First single-volume edition of Handel's organ works
* Includes all variant readings from the sources which have previously only been available in the Critical Commentary of the HHA
* Detailed Foreword (Ger/Eng) with short descriptions of each source and a Critical Commentary (Ger/Eng)
* With contemporary organ dispositions
Fuga I in C minor HWV 610
Fuga II in G minor HWV 605
Fuga III in B-flat major HWV 607
Fuga IV in F minor HWV 433/2
Fuga V in E minor HWV 429/1
Fuga VI in G major HWV 606
Fuga VII in D minor HWV 428/2
Fuga VIII in A minor HWV 609
Fuga IX in B minor HWV 608
Fuga X in F-sharp minor HWV 431/3
Fuga XI in F major HWV 427/4
Fuga XII in F major HWV 611
"Fuga in E major"HWV 612
"O the pleasure of the plains"in G major HWV 474
"Jesu meine Freude"in G minor HWV 480
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Organ Works Also Bought: