There are currently no items in your cart.
Horn Concerto No. 1 in E-Flat Major, Op. 11
French Horn, Piano Accompaniment (F Horn)
Horn and Piano Reduction. Composed by Richard Strauss (1864-1949). Edited by Peter Damm. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 42 pages. G. Henle #HN1253. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481253).
Item Number: HL.51481253
With his first horn concerto, the merely eighteen-year-old Richard Strauss succeeded in producing a captivating masterstroke. To this day, the concerto is beloved throughout the world not only by horn players, and together with Mozart's masterworks numbers among the essential pieces in the instrument's repertoire. Peter Damm, former principal horn for the Staatskapelle Dresden and world-class soloist, has not only performed the concerto publicly over 170 times himself, but has also presented pivotal research findings and publications on its genesis. Prepared after reviewing all surviving sources, the Urtext edition he has edited may thus been regarded as the edition of reference. For use in lessons and for performances, the especially playable piano reduction by Johannes Umbreit is a great help.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
Customers Who Bought Horn Concerto No. 1 in E-Flat Major, Op. 11 Also Bought: