There are currently no items in your cart.
Grande sestetto concertante for String Sextett
Strings (V1, V2 , Va1, Va2 , Vc1, Vc2 , double bass)
Nach der Sinfonia concertante KV 364. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Christopher Hogwood. Arranged by Anonymous. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. After the Sinfonia concertante K. 364. Score. Composed 1808. KV 364. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09504. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09504).
Item Number: BA.BA09504
ISBN 9790006533572. 30 x 23 cm inches.
Mozart's Sinfonia concertante for violin and viola, K. 364 (320d), is his only complete surviving work in this genre. He wrote it in 1779 after returning from Paris and Mannheim .
For two decades it was known only in a few copyists' manuscripts. The first edition did not appear until 1802. The work achieved great popularity that same year, particularly the arrangements for piano four-hands and piano trio.
This arrangement for string sextet, dating from 1808, is interesting not only for its unusual scoring but also for the way the two concertante instruments interact with the other strings.
Our edition revives this arrangement after almost two centuries, drawing primarily on the sole surviving source: the first edition in parts, published by the Vienna Stamperia Chimica in 1808.
The editor, Christopher Hogwood , recounts the history of the work and the particulars of the arrangement in a trilingual preface (Eng ./ Ger./ Cz .) and a critical report. Our new edition takes into account both the original print and the text from the"New Mozart Edition".
- New edition of a historical transcription for string sextet (1808)
- Available in print again after almost two centuries
- Also suitable for chamber orchestra
- Detailed preface and critical report (Eng./Ger./ Cz .). Includes facsimiles
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Grande sestetto concertante for String Sextett Also Bought: