Early Start on the Violin, Volume 3
Elementary duets: Dances and other pieces in various keys. Composed by Egon Sassmannshaus, Kurt Sassmannshaus. Stapled. Barenreiter's Sassmannshaus. Instructional. Method book. With Text language: English. 71 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09678. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09678).
Item Number: BA.BA09678
ISBN 9790006536429. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: English. Illustrations: Charlotte Panowsky.
Original German title: Fruher Anfang auf der Geige - Band 3; Fruhes Duospiel - Tanze und Spielstucke in verschiedenen Tonarten. The third volume emphasizes duet playing in a great variety of keys and rhythms and musical styles. Different finger patterns and strokes are thoroughly practiced.
About Baerenreiter's Sassmannshaus
Children playfully learn reliable technique at the earliest age. For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for excellence in beginner methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play using this publication.
This tried and tested German method is now available in English! The best-selling method that gave generations of European musicians their foundation is now available in English, with content and songs newly adapted for today's English speaking children.
What makes this method so special?
- The child-friendly and age-appropriate text underlying the music enables children to perceive melodies as a whole and to understand their singable qualities.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily explained and mastered within the first year. This is an important advantage over methods that confine children to the first position for many years.
- Note reading is emphasized from the first lesson - children are brought up to become proficient sight-readers and play in chamber music ensembles as early as possible.
- In contrast to other beginner methods, The Sassmannshaus Tradition progresses swiftly by introducing advanced techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- Ensemble playing is encouraged from the very beginning.
- The method is suitable for single instruction as well as for group and class lessons.
- The large print notes and text as well as many colorful illustrations are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school children and school children alike.
- The substantial volumes contain comprehensive material and carefully calibrated learning curves. They keep children curious and interested for many months and years.
- The Half Step is Between the Second and Third Fingers
- Duettino Performed by Anton Diabelli
- Allegretto, From 25 Easy Duos for Violin, No. 1 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Rigaudon Performed by Joseph Bodin De Boismortier
- From The Peasant Cantata Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Allegro Performed by From England
- Andante Performed by Antonio Bartolomeo Bruni
- The Half Step is Between the First and Second Fingers
- Minuet Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Moderato Performed by Bartolomeo Campagnoli
- Tempo giusto, from 25 Easy Duos for Violin, No. 6 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Tempo rubato, from 25 Easy Duos for Violin, No. 24 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Andanta, from 25 Easy Duos for Violin No. 2 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Waltz Performed by Franz Schubert
- Presto Performed by Bertold Hummel
- The Second Finger Changes Between Low and High Positions
- Rondeau Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Contredanse Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Tambourin Performed by Duet Book, 1740
- Peasant Dance Performed by Joseph Bodin De Boismortier
- March Performed by Carl Philipp Emanauel Bach
- Cobbler's Dance Performed by Traditional, From The Taunus Region
- The Half Step is Between the Third and Fourth Fingers
- French Christmas Carol Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- The Third Finger Changes Between Low and High Positions
- Cantabile Performed by Johann Baptist Vanhal
- Musette Performed by Bertold Hummel
- Allegretto, from 25 Easy Duos for Violin, No. 5 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Allegro ma non troppo, from 25 Easy Duos for Violin, No. 25 Performed by Endre Szervansky
- Spring Performed by Wilhel Friedemann Bach
- Aria Performed by Valentin Rathgeber
- The First Finger is Low
- Trumpet Minuet Performed by Anonymous
- Dance Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Musette en Rondeau Performed by From A Collection, C. 1740
- Autumn Melody Performed by Bertold Hummel
- The First Finger Changes Between Low and High Positions
- Final Chorus from The Peasant Cantata Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Gavotte Performed by George Frideric Handel
- The Whirlwind Performed by Jacques Aubert
- Burlesque Performed by After Leopold Mozart's Music Book
- [Untitled] Performed by Hubert Ries
- Larghetto Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Adagio Performed by Louis Spohr
- Finger Patterns, Old and New
- The Fourth Finger is in Low Position
- Allegretto Performed by From England
- Gavotte allemande Performed by Nicolas Chedeville
- The Fourth Finger Changes Between Low and High Positions
- German Dance Performed by Franz Schubert
- Polonaise Performed by Johann Adolf Hasse
- Andante, from Leopold Mozart's violin method Performed by Leopold Mozart
- Duets in Various Keys with Changing Finger Patterns
- Bourree Performed by George Frideric Handel
- [Untitled] from Leopold Mozart's violin method Performed by Leopold Mozart
- [Untitled] from Hubert Ries' violin method Performed by Hubert Ries
- Comodo Performed by Hubert Ries
- Siciliano Performed by Bertold Hummel
- Theme with Variation Performed by Leopold Jansa
- Marcia Performed by Bertold Hummel
- Major and Minor Scales
Customers Who Bought Early Start on the Violin, Volume 3 Also Bought:
Top Selling Violin Titles