There are currently no items in your cart.
Early Start on the Violin, Volume 1
A violin method for children aged four and older. Composed by Egon Sassmannshaus, Kurt Sassmannshaus. Stapled. Barenreiter's Sassmannshaus. Instructional. Method book. With Text language: English. 64 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09676. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09676).
Item Number: BA.BA09676
ISBN 9790006536405. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: English. Illustrations: Charlotte Panowsky.
Original German title: Fruher Anfang auf der Geige - Band 1; Eine Violinschule fur Kinder ab 4 Jahren. Note reading is introduced from the beginning, and accidentals are explained in the easiest way in the first volume. By the end of the first book, many English children's songs using all fingers have been played and note values from more...whole to eighth notes have been introduced. Even the easiest exercises are underlaid with text so that melodies can be perceived as a whole.
Includes pull-out sheet with flashcards that can be cut out.
About Baerenreiter's Sassmannshaus
Children playfully learn reliable technique at the earliest age. For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for excellence in beginner methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play using this publication.
This tried and tested German method is now available in English! The best-selling method that gave generations of European musicians their foundation is now available in English, with content and songs newly adapted for today's English speaking children.
What makes this method so special?
- The child-friendly and age-appropriate text underlying the music enables children to perceive melodies as a whole and to understand their singable qualities.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily explained and mastered within the first year. This is an important advantage over methods that confine children to the first position for many years.
- Note reading is emphasized from the first lesson - children are brought up to become proficient sight-readers and play in chamber music ensembles as early as possible.
- In contrast to other beginner methods, The Sassmannshaus Tradition progresses swiftly by introducing advanced techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- Ensemble playing is encouraged from the very beginning.
- The method is suitable for single instruction as well as for group and class lessons.
- The large print notes and text as well as many colorful illustrations are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school children and school children alike.
- The substantial volumes contain comprehensive material and carefully calibrated learning curves. They keep children curious and interested for many months and years.
- Note Values and Symbols
- Open Strings
- E String
- A String
- D String
- G String
- The Quarter Rest
- String Crossing
- More Open Strings
- Hello Mother
- I Can Play The A String
- The "Cuckoo's Third" With the Second Finger
- What's Your Name?
- Rain, Rain Go Away
- The Fourth Finger
- Bring Your Sled
- The Triad
- Teddy Bear
- Dearest Cuckoo
- Pit A Pat Rain
- The First Finger
- Fuzzy Teddy Bear
- Teddy Bear, Come Home with Me!
- Little Peter Rabbit
- Hot Cross Buns
- A Finger Exercise on All Strings
- String Crossing and Fingering on Different Strings
- Ring Around the Rosy
- Bye, Baby Bunting
- Dog, Stop Barking
- We Are On Vacation Performed by Richard Rudolf Klein
- Come to the Zoo! Performed by Diethard Wucher
- The Third Finger
- Up the Ladder
- All the Little Hamsters
- Scales on Two Strings
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- More Exercises, Songs and Stroke Patterns
- Good Night Noisy Cricket!
- Eighth Notes
- Bought Me a Cat
- Old Bald Eagle
- Who's That
- Down at the Station
- Old MacDonald
- From His Famous Symphony No. 9 Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Are You Sleeping? (Frere Jacques)
- Come See the Clown! Performed by Wilhelm Twittenhoff
- London Bridge
- Rocky Mountain
- New Stroke Patterns
- Whole Bows and Half Bows
- That's One HOT Potato
- Lightly Row!
- Slurred Notes
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- The Portato Stroke
- Eency Weency Spider
Customers Who Bought Early Start on the Violin, Volume 1 Also Bought:
Top Selling Violin Sheet Music