Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Claude Debussy (1862-1918). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Rec. LRSM since 2005: LRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Softcover. 36 pages. G. Henle #HN388. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480388).
Item Number: HL.51480388
ISBN 9790201803883. 9.25x12.25 inches.
“Have you played the Images...? Without undue vanity, I believe that these three pieces can hold their own and will assume a place in the piano literature ... to the left of Schumann or to the right of Chopin ... as you like it.” Thus wrote Debussy in a letter to his publisher and friend Jacques Durand in 1905. Debussy's prophecy was to become true. The pieces have become a fixed part of piano repertoire. Incidentally: for the slow movement Hommage à Rameau Debussy, an innovator who was still aware of tradition, was inspired by a performance of Castor et Pollux in 1903.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.