Piano piano (Piano solo)
Piano Solo. Composed by Bela Bartok (1881-1945). Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical, Folk. Softcover. 16 pages. G. Henle #HN1402. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481402).
Item Number: HL.51481402
ISBN 9790201814025. 9.5x12 inches.
Bartók's Romanian Folk Dances, composed in 1915, are among his best-known works. They exist in multiple forms, since as well as several piano arrangements and a later orchestral version of his own there also exist arrangements by his contemporaries that were made with his consent. Today we can even access performances of the dances by Bartók himself; these recordings document varied repeats enriched by octave doublings to make a sort of “concert version” of the dances. Bartók expert László Somfai brings order to the rich fund of sources, and in Henle's Urtext edition enters significant variants directly into the musical text itself.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)