Chamber Ensemble Woodwind Quintet (Flute, Oboe, Clarinet in B flat, Horn in E flat, Bassoon)
Set of Parts. Composed by Anton Reicha (1770-1836). Edited by Henrik Wiese and Norbert Mullemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With additional Horn part in F. Classical. Softcover. 100 pages. G. Henle #HN828. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480828).
Item Number: HL.51480828
ISBN 9790201808284. 9.5x12.25 inches.
Reicha published a total of 24 wind quintets for the “classical” scoring of flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, and bassoon; Op. 88, No. 2 is one of the best-loved and most played. “If it were possible to surpass Haydn in the composition of quartets and quintets, Reicha would have succeeded with these quintets,” thus raved the “Allgemeine Musikalische Zeitung” on a performance of Reicha's quintets, “it seems to me that it is impossible to unite more correctness and clarity with more inventiveness and originality.” This work exudes inspiration and spirit from every note. In addition to the parts, we have also produced a handy study edition of the score.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)