Strings Cello; Piano Accompaniment (Violoncello and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480790 Cello and Piano
. Composed by Edvard Grieg. Edited by Einar Steen-Nö and kleberg. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. TCL 2016 Grade: 8 -- TCL 2016 remarks: rec. 2016-2019. Classical. Softcover. 74 pages. G. Henle #HN790. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480790).
ISBN 9790201807904. UPC: 884088178956. 9.25x12.25x0.365 inches.
Edvard Grieg's only Cello Sonata remains one of the best kept secrets among cellists. Grieg wrote it for his brother John, an accomplished player of the instrument. Though not a string player himself, by seeking advice during the compositional process Grieg was able to create an exhilarating piece that even advanced amateurs will be delighted to discover. Our edition also contains an early Intermezzo of 1866 as well as the first publication of Grieg's own transcription of the Allegretto from his Violin Sonata op. 45, written as a birthday serenade for his brother John.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)