Strings Cello; Piano Accompaniment (Violoncello and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480669 Cello and Piano
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Rudolf Elvers. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VII and 29 * Vc Part = 8. Classical. Softcover. 60 pages. G. Henle #HN669. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480669).
ISBN 9790201806693. UPC: 884088177867. 9.25x12.25x0.195 inches.
Besides two genuine cello “hits” from the pen of Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy – the “Variations op. 17” and the “Song without Words op. 109” – this urtext edition contains a little sensation: the première publication of a delightful and previously unknown original piece for cello and piano. Mendelssohn wrote it down in the album of his friend, the distinguished cellist Julius Rietz, in 1835 while at the pinnacle of his creative powers. All cellists will be happy to welcome this “Album Leaf” into their repertoire.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)