Set of Parts English Horn; Oboe 1; Oboe 2 (2 Oboes and English Horn)
SKU: HL.51480947 Two Oboes and English Horn Set of Parts
. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN947. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480947).
ISBN 9790201809472. UPC: 884088474034. 9.25x12.25x0.2 inches.
Both of these works for two oboes and cor anglais, which Beethoven composed in the 1790s, belong to the lighter genre of serenades and divertimentos. He might have written them in response to a commission or have been inspired by the prevailing popularity of this delicate combination of instruments. Likewise, with the Variations WoO 28 on the famous theme “La ci darem la mano” by Mozart, he made a contribution of his own to the arrangements of operatic melodies for wind ensembles that were so popular at the time. Our edition follows the recently published volume in the Beethoven Complete Edition and thus reflects the latest scholarly research on Beethoven.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)