Strings Piano, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 4-5
SKU: HL.51480077 The Kurfursten Sonatas Op. I - Revised Edition
. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Edited by Wolf-Dieter Seiffert. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Collection and set of performance parts (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes, bowings and fingerings. 144 pages. G. Henle #HN77. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480077).
ISBN 9790201800776. UPC: 9790201800776. 9x12 inches.
There is no other chamber-music genre for which Mozart produced so many works – see the sonatas and variations – than that of the duos for piano and violin. He spent a considerable amount of time with the sonatas, probing every sound and every thematic limit and combination. He also explored the possibility of pairing off the two instruments, thus creating music of pure, timeless beauty bound with dramatic power, elegance and emotional depth. Volume I contains the six sonatas written by Mozart in Paris and on his journey there, and published in Paris as opus 1. Players might note the absence of the Sonata listed by Köchel as K. 296, but which was published simultaneously with the five pieces K. 376-380; it can be found in volume II of our edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)