Wind Instruments Clarinet; Piano Accompaniment (Clarinet and Piano)
SKU: HL.51481033 Clarinet in B-flat and Piano
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Arranged by Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN1033. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481033).
ISBN 9790201810331. UPC: 884088642303. 9.25x12.25x0.135 inches.
Mendelssohn in all probability composed the sonata for Carl Baron von Kaskel, who was also acquainted with Schumann and Wagner, and who dabbled in playing the clarinet and composing. The autograph of Mendelssohn's clarinet sonata has only been accessible again since the 1980s. Unfortunately the date at the end of the manuscript has been removed. A copyist's manuscript of the work that has also survived bears the date “1824.” The fairly simple clarinet part might pay tribute to Kaskel's ability and therefore lends itself to teaching.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)