Strings Cello, Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
Composed by Claude Debussy. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Impressionistic. Single piece and set of performance parts (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes, bowings and fingerings. 31 pages. G. Henle #HN633. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480633).
ISBN 9790201806334. UPC: 9790201806334. 9x12 inches.
It was only with his late works that Debussy, an unconventional innovator, turned back to tradition. In 1915 he had six sonatas for various instruments in mind. He was only to complete three of them before his death in 1918, following a severe illness. The first of these was the Cello Sonata that he composed unusually quickly in 1915. During his summer holiday by the sea in Pourville, Debussy worked at great speed. The sonata, with an unusual sequence of movements Prologue-Sérénade-Finale, was published in that same year. The work belongs to the cellist's core repertoire.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)