Chamber Ensemble Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon and Piano (Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480665 For Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon & Piano
. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Edited by Wolf-Dieter Seiffert. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Chamber Music with Winds. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Single piece and set of performance parts (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes and fingerings. 80 pages. G. Henle #HN665. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480665).
ISBN 9790201806655. UPC: 9790201806555. 9x12 inches.
Mozart's famous statement to his father concerning this unique and singular quintet for piano and winds, scored for piano, oboe, clarinet in B flat, horn in E flat, and bassoon, should not be forgotten: “I myself consider it the best thing I have yet written in my life.” The only relevant source for this new Urtext edition is Mozart's clean and almost error-free autograph score, preserved today at the Bibliothéque nationale in Paris. A page of music with a spurious ending was smuggled into it, a fact revealed (and elucidated) for the first time in the present Henle edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)