Composed by Louis Vierne. Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Louis Vierne. Complete Organ Works VII.3 | BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score. Composed 1927. Opus 54. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09229_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09229).
ISBN 9790006534432. 30.5 x 23 cm inches.
These two volumes (BA 9229, BA 9230) continue the ambitious project to publish Vierne’s complete organ and piano works.
The famous collection of “ Pièces de Fantaisie ” comprising 24 fantasy pieces in four volumes (Livres I-IV) has become internationally known. With their varying degrees of difficulty, the pieces are suitable for both professional organists as well as advanced pupils and students.
As there is neither a thematic link nor a unifying tonal scheme within the four books, the pieces are above all a diverse collection of individual works suitable for performance in a wide range of contexts.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding