Chamber Ensemble Piano Trio
SKU: HL.51480246 National Federation of Music Clubs 2014-2016 Selection for piano, violin and cello
. Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn. Edited by Wolfgang Stockmeier. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Piano Trios. Pages: Score = 156 * Vl Part = 43 * Vc Part = 36. Classical. Urtext edition-paper bound. 235 pages. G. Henle #HN246. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480246).
ISBN 9790201802466. UPC: 9790201802466. 9x12 inches.
In the Classical period, and well into the 19th century, piano trios were almost “fashion accessories.” At the end of his life, Haydn could look back proudly at the 39 piano trios which he now left to posterity. Volume I contains the eleven early trios; some of them date from as far back as the 1760s, yet still form a unified group. Since the cello part, always loosely designated as “basso” in the source, mostly tallies with the bass part, the pieces can also be performed by piano and violin alone, and are thus a valuable enrichment of the violin and piano duet genre.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)